Monday, May 16, 2011

Sandwich-bugs

I wonder how many bugs I've eaten in my life. I'm sitting here eating my lunch, watching one of those little red dot bugs stroll along my table, thinking "get that thing away from my food!", and I can't help but wonder how many of those little guys have sneaked onto my sandwiches just in time for me to take the bite they happened to land on. If I spent five minutes examining every meal I ever sat down to eat, ensuring no bug intrusions before I commenced eating, I probably STILL wouldn't escape the occasional bug consumption. Just a quick reminder of how little control I have over all of the proverbial sandwich-bugs in my life. I could spend all of my energy trying to maintain control of every little thing in my life, but when it comes down to it, I just can't keep all the bugs off of my sandwiches. So bring it, sandwich-bugs, you don't scare me.

No comments:

Post a Comment